Monday, May 10, 2010

REAL Party: Vintage Toy Party

I am so super excited to finally show off this REAL party!  
I am in love with all of the details, and thrilled with how
Courtney Vickers Photography captured everything!
This Vintage Toy party was inspired by the Dick and Jane storybooks, and of course, all of the fun they used to have. I think even Dick and Jane would have been excited to attend this party...So hold on, there are lots of details to see!

finn2 (21) copy


finn2 (14)

How about this super fun centerpiece!?! Most of the toys you will see were found at Target in their amazing vintage toy section.


finn2 (17)

Dick and Jane matted book pages were purchased online at Tag and Wag Books
to really show off the party inspiration.


Here is a shot of one of my favorite details.
I love how the napkin rings embellished with jacks turned out!

finn2 (23)

Adorable snack cups filled with cotton candy were designed  by Paper and Pigtails.



finn2 (25)
 
Fun Blumebox Centerpiece!
finn2 (22)

Here are a few close up shots of the toys and a place setting that I took with my own camera
because I just couldn't get enough of the cuteness.

toystoryboard

setting


These "Old Fashioned Soda Pop" labels and water bottle labels were 
another great design from Paper and Pigtails.
finn2 (15)

finn2 (16)

Now what would a Vintage Party be without some old fashioned milk and cookies? I wanted a dessert table that was affordable but also fit the theme perfectly.

finn2 (12)

milkshots

I couldn't resist snapping a few more photos once I saw the adorable milk and cookie bar come to life.  These great vintage straws were purchased from Modern Lola but can also be found at HeyYoYo.


milkandcookies


But of course, I moved out of Courtney's way so she could capture
 these next fabulous images of the dessert table!


toycandycookies




finn2 (6)


The cupcakes were made by me and wrapped in red polka dot cupcake wrappers from HeyYoYo.
toycupcakes1




finn2 (13)


finn2 (2)


toycookietrays

Before the end of the party, I snapped this shot of these fun little loot bags from HeyYoYo. Each guest filled them up with goodies before leaving for home.


DSC_0402


Here is the precious birthday boy and some of his friends!

finn2 (24)

finn2 (19)


Check out this fun bicycle cake topper. Another great find from HeyYoYo.


finn2 (27)


Happy 2nd Birthday Finn!

finn2 (28)


This is where we found Finn at the end of his party, just soaking it all in.

finn2 (29)






30 comments:

  1. What can I say? LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!! AWESOME JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsey you did such an amazing job! Along with Kori and Courtney you ladies are a dangerous trio!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fabulous! I love all the little details you incorporated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is the cutest-love all your details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! Loving every detail, your parties are always amazing!

    Candace

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute!!! Love the colors! So fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just darling! I love the detail and color scheme - brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely love this! Great job!
    Shelley@DivinePartyConcepts
    http://divinepartyconcepts.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just adore this party...you got every detail imaginable!
    Great job a lovely theme
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is the cutest party ever! I just did a milk & cookies theme with the same jars but I LOVE the milk shots idea and all that gorgeous candy! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that this is an offbeat theme! I like it when people are super creative with their themes and don't do run-of-the-mill things. Off the chart cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Over the top GORGEOUS! Every last detail is perfect. -Shelley@HowDoesShe

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! I threw a Dick and Jane party for our daughter in February (see Party Perfect blog). I loved this theme and the possibilities are endless!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much everyone! I am just thrilled to hear all your comments! I truly appreciate your support. Thanks for following.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I absolutely LOVE this! What a fantastic, fun theme! Thanks for sharing :) This post has made me so excited and so inspired!!
    From Claire @ Scissors Paper Rock Designs:
    http://www.scissorspaperrockdesigns.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is adorable...Just a beaurtiful party!

    Susan
    http://entertainexchange.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. great party and clever theme! i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous party! Love it! I would love to know where to get the Turquoise and Red dress the little girl is wearing that is sitting on the rocker in the picture with the 4 kiddies on trikes. I'm having a Turquoise and Red themed 1st birthday party for my little girl and would love for her to wear a dress like that! Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The teal and red dress is from Dillards in FL. YOu might be able to search for it online at Dillards. Thanks again everyone for the sweet comments!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great party! I am doing the same colors for my son's Retro Rocket themed party! Do you ming sharing where you found that great red bottled soda? I have been looking everywhere and can't seem to find any!

    TIA!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Where did you find those blue colored jacks! I've been searching high and low for those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is an AWESOME party, super cute! Could you please tell me where you found the building blocks, they are so awesome. Thank you so much for sharing this with us.

    -Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  24. I found this party through Tip Junkie and know this is definitely what I want to do! Not to mention the facts that 1. My kid's name is Finn and 2. He is turning TWO as well, so I know exactly how everything will look with his name on it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers